Last Updated: June 1, 2021
We provide both temporary and permanent staffing services to clients and job services to candidates seeking current or future job opportunities. We collect personal information to help connect candidates with jobs at Empire Workforce Solutions (“Empire”)
and with Empire’s clients. We collect this data through our website and apps, over the phone, and in person.
We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Sites (including access to the Sites via any third-party links); or offer opportunities to some or all Site users. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Sites. Your use of the Sites following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
will help you understand how we collect and use personal information from those who visit our website or make use of our online facilities and services, and what we will and will not do with the information we collect. Our Policy has been designed and created to ensure those affiliated with Empire of our commitment and realization of our obligation not only to meet, but to exceed, most existing privacy standards.
The “Last Updated
” legend above indicate when the Policy was last changed. We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time Empire decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our website;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use or register with the Sites, we may collect certain information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information
The categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- With respect to visitors of the Site, we collect the following categories of information from your browser or directly from you when you visit our Site:
- Identifiers if you wish to download certain reports or information we provide on our website, in which case you will need to provide your first and last name, email
- Professional information if you wish to download certain reports and articles we provide, in which case you will need to provide your job title
- With respect to job applicants, Candidates, and our employees, we collect the following categories of information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact information (email, address (mailing and home) and phone number), and any login ID or email address and password created by you
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job search criteria and preferences, your availability to work, your employment experience, educational history, your skills, reference information, background check information, pay / compensation expectations, ability to work in the United States, languages spoken, and other information contained in your resume
- Emergency contact information consisting of full name and phone number
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank information if you work with us and elect to be paid via direct deposit consisting of bank account numbers and direct deposit information
- With respect to Customers, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you or from our service providers such as job boards:
- Identifiers such as your name, business phone number, and work email
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company name, department, and job title
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank and payment information if we render services to you, depending on how you elect to pay for services rendered
- With respect to vendors and independent contractors, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers such as your name, business phone number, and work email
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company name, department, and job title
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank account information, so we can pay you for providing products or services to Empire
- With respect to marketing recipients and prospective customers, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from you, from our service providers such as job boards, or from information that is publicly available on the internet:
- Identifiers such as your name, business phone number, and work email
- Professional or employment-related information such as your company name, department, and job title.
In addition, Empire may have the occasion to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
By providing your mobile phone number to us, you opt in and consent to receive text messages from us, which includes but is not limited to text messages sent through an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive marketing text messages is not required as a condition of working with us. If you do not wish to receive marketing text messages, do not provide us with your mobile phone number.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Specified herein are the business and commercial purposes for which we use Personal Information. We use Personal Information to register you with the Sites, to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information, to manage our relationship with you, to develop and carry out marketing activities, and to otherwise provide you with requested information or services. We may from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages, text messages (message and data rates may apply), or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information. We may also use Personal Information for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, protecting the Site from abuse, and improving our services.
In addition to the above purposes, we use your information as described in the section below titled “Disclosures of Personal Information for Business Purposes”.
- NO SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information.
Do you have to give us your Personal Information?
You do not have to provide your Personal Information to us when generally navigating our Website. However, if you do not provide us with a required minimum, it may limit the services you can receive from us.
- INFORMATION SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share personal information with clients, service providers, affiliated companies, and other third parties.
– Sharing With Clients
With your permission, we may submit your resume, application and other information to a prospective employer on the basis that such prospective employer will not 1) disclose the fact that such job seeker is seeking employment and 2) share your personal data with any other person without job your consent or otherwise in compliance with applicable labor and employment laws.
We may share your personal information, with sufficient information removed so that you are not readily identifiable, to prospective employers to solicit their potential interest in you as a job candidate.
– Sharing With Service Providers
– Sharing With Affiliated Companies
We share personal information with other companies affiliated with Empire to help provide our services to you and to improve our own products and services, and to communicate with you.
– sharing with other third parties
We may share user information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that such sharing is appropriate:
– Empire may disclose such Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- to comply with the law, including but not limited to, in response to a subpoena served on Empire;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Empire, our users or others;
- or to prevent activity that we believe, in our sole discretion, may be or may become illegal, unethical or legally actionable (including exchanging user information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection).
- Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with our third-party service providers who perform business functions and services on our behalf.
- Customers and Prospective Customers. Customers and prospective customers may request professional and employment-related information for purposes of evaluating a Candidate’s credentials, skills and experience. Customers may also need to approve and process timesheet information for Candidates.
- Candidates. We may share Personal Information of our Customers or prospective customers to Candidates such as when a Candidate must know information about whom to contact when going on an interview or an assignment with a customer or prospective customer.
- As required or appropriate by law. We may disclose Personal Information to regulatory authorities, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Empire or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of the users or the public.
- Business transfers. We also may disclose or transfer information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Any information you post in a public area of the site will be visible to other users and can be read, used, or collected by others. Empire is not responsible for the way others may use data you post to public areas of the site.
We may share aggregate personal data from you and others and share it with clients, advertisers, and other third parties. This information does not identify you personally.
- Disclosures Of Personal Information For Business Purposes.
For business and commercial purposes, Empire may disclose to third parties the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law such as gender
- Information protected against security breaches like your direct deposit or bank account information so that workers can be paid and Customers can pay us.
- Geolocation data
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- COLLECTION AND USE OF OTHER INFORMATION
- Other Information: is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, date, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Sites function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Sites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
- STORAGE OF INFORMATION.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for our business purposes.
- DATA SECURITY.
We maintain commercially reasonable security safeguards, including reCAPTCHA services provided by Google and SSL certificates, designed to protect the Personal Information we collect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Access to personal information is granted based on the minimum access required to fulfill the business need and purpose for which it is collected, used and shared, and we commit to the highest level of care to protect the privacy and integrity of personal information, throughout its useful life-cycle, from collection until destruction. You are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe.
Although we aim to protect the security and integrity of the Personal Information we collect, we cannot guarantee or warrant that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system, is 100% secure from intrusion by others. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “CONTACT US
” section below.
- INFORMATION SECURITYNCIDENT RRESPONSE.
If we discover that your personal information has been involved in a security incident, we will take steps to respond to the incident in a timely manner and, where legally required, notify you of the incident.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
EMPIRE will keep your personal information for as long as we have a business need and purpose to retain the information, including storage for auditing and archival purposes. When we believe we no longer need such information, we will destroy or otherwise dispose of your personal information in a manner intended to preserve your privacy and security.
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PROFILE.
You may review, update, or remove your job seeker profile directly on the website. You may contact us and ask to see your job seeker profile and choices, and you may advise us of changes or inaccuracies in such profile and we will update or correct as appropriate.
- USING COOKIES.
- What Are Cookies?
Cookies cannot spread viruses or harm your computer. With respect to how long a cookie stays on your computer or mobile device, so
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Sites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Site will not then work. These cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Sites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established. Other similar technology we use includes web beacons that are used on some of the Sites’ pages and in emails we send. They allow us to count users who visited these pages. Web beacons collect limited information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. We also use web beacons or similar technology to learn whether or not emails sent to you have been opened. Web beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular marketing campaign. Web beacons do not store any Personal Information.
- Advertising and Social Cookies
These cookies may be set through our Sites by our advertising partners. These cookies collect Personal Information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. Personal Information and data stored by these cookies are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. We also use social media cookies to allow you to share our content on social networking sites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Disabling these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
- Disabling Cookies and Managing the Collection of Your Personal Information:
At any time, you can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Each browser is different, so please refer to the specific instructions related to your browser to learn more about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available to you. Please note, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the services offered by our Website.
- Google Analytics
We use third-party cookies such as Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to track your behavior online and gain statistical information in order to track the number of visits to the Website, where each visitor came from (i.e. the website you visited prior to coming to the Website) and where each visitor goes to from the Website (i.e. the website you visit after leaving ours).
A cookie is stored on your device (until your clear it) which is linked to your IP address. This allows us to track whether you return to the Website.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the Website, to compile reports on Website activity and provide other services relating to Website activity and internet usage
You also can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser (at – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB).
- Social Media
Our Website uses social media plugins (“Plugins”)
from the social networks Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram to enable you to easily share information with others. You can identify a Plugin by the respective logo of the social network. When you visit our Website, the operators of the social media plug-ins on our Website place cookies on your computer that enable them to recognize you on websites belonging to them and their affiliates and partners after you have visited our Website, or that enable them to add the information collected from your visit to our Website with your prior activity on those websites. The social media plug-ins collect this information about users whether they specifically interact with the plug-in or not, and it may enable social media companies to share information about your web-browsing navigational information with some of their other users. We do not control what information is collected by Plugin operator or the information practices adopted by those social media companies. You can find information about the purpose and extent of information acquisition as well as how the information is processed further and used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings, in the privacy notices of the social networks.
We may use information collected from the Plugins to learn about your interests and to help us better understand how to serve you. This information may include your preferences about how to contact you or further develop a business or professional relationship with you as well as demographic data.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Sites link.
- CHOICES RELATING TO RECEIVING EMAIL FROM US
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by using the mechanism contained in each such email. Otherwise, you may unsubscribe by doing either of the following:
- Call 1 (717) 481-3601
- Send us an email at email@example.com
- CHOICES RELATING TO SMS TERMS
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing-related texts from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by texting “STOP” to us at any time. You may text call 1-717-481*-3601 for assistance relating to text messages we send.
- USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information you have posted to the Sites by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
- RIGHTS TO REQUEST ACCESS TO OR DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to know whether Empire has collected personal information from you. You may request that Empire tell you:
- the categories or specific pieces of personal information that Empire has collected about you;
- the categories of sources where Empire obtained personal information about you;
- the business purposes for which Empire collects your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with which Empire shares personal information
You can make 2 such access requests every 12 months.
You have the right to request that Empire delete any of your personal information that Empire has collected from you, with certain exceptions. We may refuse your deletion request if we are permitted by law to keep the information, or if the law otherwise permits us to keep information. If we deny a deletion request, we will tell you why the request was denied.
To exercise your right to access or delete personal data, reach out to email@example.com
Before we grant you access to or deletion of your personal information, we must verify your identity. To do this, we will ask you to confirm information we have previously collected about you. If we ask you to verify your identity, and you do not promptly cooperate, we may be unable to fulfill your request. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to fulfill your request within 45 days, however if we need additional time we may notify you during the initial 45-day period that we will extend the time frame up to an additional 45 days.
We do not sell personal information
- NEVADA RESIDENTS
. Nevada residents may email questions regarding our practices relating to personal information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
The Sites are controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
- NON-MARKETING PURPOSES.
Empire greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Empire’s products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS.
- CONTACT US.
Atlantic Solutions Group, Inc. d/b/a Empire Workforce Solutions West Cost Headquarters is located at 402 South Milliken Avenue, Ontario, California 91761 and its East Coast Headquarters is located at 27 W. Lemon Street, Lancaster PA 17603 and is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the personal information collected under this policy. To contact us you may either write to us at the above addresses; email us at email@example.com; telephone us at 717-481-3601.