Our client, the #1 multicultural digital platform in the US, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, is looking to add an experienced Sales Director to their team. This role is100% remote and has a very competitive base salary and commission plan, as well as benefits (a Wellness Program, Health Savings Accounts, 401k and more).
The Sales Director will oversee all sales-related processes within given territory; responding to requests for proposals; negotiating and executing insertion orders; working with integrated marketing department; collaborating with client services and ad operations to oversee trafficking and campaign launches; helping to optimize performance and delivery when necessary. As the Sales Director you will be responsible for generating sales across the company's portfolio of digital publishing assets and executing the company’s sales strategy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in effective prospecting, generating new business, growing accounts, managing all aspects of the sales cycle, and a proven track record of closing large custom deals. The Sales Director must be well versed and experienced in digital ad sales. Since the company creates content that is distributed across multiple platforms (e.g., primarily Social & Digital, but also TV, Radio, and Experiential), a strong capability to sell creative concepts and ideas is a must. The candidate must be comfortable working at high levels at clients and agencies.
Please note this is a remote role.
• Identify and generate new sales leads through effective prospecting –including competitive analysis, data analysis and industry trends.
• Establish and grow strategic level relationships with senior level client contacts and agency partnerships within the assigned territory.
• Sell the value and brand strength of the company to advertisers and agencies.
• Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and the company platform information, as well as marketplace conditions.
• Make in-person visits to advertisers, agencies and any other applicable entities to drive revenue.
• Grow revenue through new business and existing accounts within the assigned territory.
• Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline to provide accurate planning, forecasting and reporting of pacing to monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
• Manage all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial client contact to campaign implementation
• Lead the internal sales process including guiding marketing, planning and account management to develop the best possible solutions that deliver on client objectives.
• Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns.
• Remain current with competitive networks.
• Stay abreast of the company brand offerings and performance.
• Work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer to develop a strategy to achieve and exceed revenue growth goals.
• Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication.
• Provide superior customer service to clients.
• Utilize Salesforce or other CRM to record all sales activity (e.g. meetings, emails, calls), track and report revenue.
• Possess excellent written, communication and presentation skills
• Thrive in a creative business environment and maintain a positive demeanor
• Lead the team by example – via work intensity, strong command of the product and the advertising/marketing process.
• Participate in industry events and conferences
• Stay up to date of market knowledge
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Complies with Network and the company mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
• Maintain accurate sales forecast
• Proficiency and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
• Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM a plus
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Ability to work independently, while being open to direction and guidance
• Proven track record of closing large, custom deals with a keen focus on branded and sponsored content
• Motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
• Creative, marketing-oriented media seller with a passion for what the Internet can bring to blue-chip advertisers
• Excellent written, communication skills, negotiation, persuasion, closing, presentation and follow-up skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Ability to travel
• Experience working with an African American or multicultural product
• Experience in a start-up environment
• Good analytical skills in both understanding marketers objectives and analyzing campaign performance
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of digital ad sales experience
• An additional 2-4 years of traditional media sales or agency experience — print, radio, broadcast, cable, or marketing position
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer