Commercial & Aerospace Quality Engineer:
Our client, a long-established global custom manufacturer of commercial and aerospace materials, is looking to add an experienced Quality Engineer to their business units’ team. This role will have both learning and professional growth potential. This is a full-time onsite role that will sit in Northern Orange County and will be a key part of a multi-faceted dynamic team.
OVERVIEW AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES: This role will be a key member of the Business Unit Team and will be involved in interpreting both external (customer) and internal quality requirements and ensuring compliance in all areas. The successful candidate will be involved in reviewing designs, and defining the requirements quality, inspection and tool requirements. The Quality Engineer will work closely with the units Business Manager to develop plans during the proposal phase, while addressing quality, manufacturing planning, and any special requirements. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to develop test inspections for every stage of development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (in addition to above):
- Actively participate in all stages of APQP / PPAP activities, including PFMEA, MSA, Capability studies, FAIs.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent practical industry experience) in Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering or related technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of AS9100D standard requirements and participate or facilitate customer and AS9100 audits.
- Review manufacturing planning for incorporation of inspection and test points and determine special gauging requirements.
- Develop inspection planning for receiving, in-process, assembly, final and test inspection.
- Perform quality tasks such as non-conforming hardware disposition, quality system internal audits, product evaluations, process monitoring, supplied part problem resolution, data analysis and lead/participate in various process improvement teams.
- Perform trend analysis on product issues and corrective actions.
- Review supplier purchase orders, ratings, and corrective actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as time management skills.
- Successful candidate will have exposure to both mechanical and automated inspection techniques.
- Previous working experience with an ERP preferred in addition to strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word).
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.