Must be able to work in a very fast pace environment, be a self-starter. Must have some sort of Lead or supervisory exp. in Janitorial/Floor Care industry. Must be Flexible to work early AM or late PM shift and/or weekends.
The Custodial Supervisor will be responsible but not limited to ensuring the safety of the staff, overtime/absences, ordering of supplies. Ensures the Janitorial needs of our clients either by scope and/or requested are being met. This position is a working position and must be able to perform each employee’s position. Administrative Duties are 25-40% of position.
- Ability to lead others by example, develop and motivate employees for performance success.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced office environment with a high sense of urgency
- Able to communicate with staff on work request and inspections as required.
- Able to Perform and Comprehend the Scope of Work.
- Able to work with independently with little or no supervision.
- Administer proper Medical and Disciplinary paperwork to employees, as needed.
- Assign and return ALL keys and radios to employees
- Assist with Setup Services in overseeing Events and setups when required
- Attend monthly Safety Meetings and deliver Safety Training to employees.
- Be able to properly delegate work as required.
- Communicate with Operations Manager regarding employee relations, Client and Site issues.
- Conduct Site Safety / Quality Inspections (Equipment, SDS, PPE, etc.…)
- Flexibility with working hours to support operations as required.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies utilized on client premises under custodial purview.
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Oversee projects as assigned, via work order or general request.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Provides Daily Report
- Read and Create Work Schedules.
- Responsible for inspecting staff employee’s work to ensure we meet overall client satisfaction.
- Responsible for providing our clients with janitorial services. (Floor care and other cleaning services as needed).
- Responsible for reporting all employee concerns with Operations Manager.
- Track, Manage Inventory and Replenish Supplies.
Thorough Knowledge of all cleaning methods, materials, and equipment for assigned area/crew.
Ability to instruct / Train cleaning personnel in the performance of manual tasks.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with subordinates, Supervisors and Management personnel.
Must have Valid California Driver’s License with no more than two points.
Minimum Training and Experience Required
Bilingual preferred not required.
Verbal and Written – Two Way Communication in English.
2 year general Custodial experience with knowledge of all services required for designated Crews and Areas under purview.
1 year lead or supervisor experience.