Our client, a large and growing 3PL full-service provider is looking to add an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to their accounting team. This role will sit in San Leandro, CA. This is a long term contract position.
Provide financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices according to established policy and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
· Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
· Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos
· Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for reimbursement
· Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements
· Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
· Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
· Excellent data entry skills
· Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
· Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills
· Effective organizational, stress, and time management skills
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
· Work independently or as a team member
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma
· Associates Degree; or equivalent from a two-year college preferred
· 2-4 years accounts payable experience
Salary Range: $25/hr-$30/hr.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.