Our client, one of the largest multi-media companies in the country is looking to add an experienced Account Manager to their team. This role is remote and has a very competitive base salary and benefits (a Wellness Program, Health Savings Accounts, 401k and more).
We are looking for a detailed customer-focused individual to help manage and support the company sales team and advertising operations. As the Account Manager, you will work closely with internal departments, as well as brands and agencies to ideate and execute campaigns flawlessly. Accuracy, efficiency, analysis and the ability to work autonomously while meeting tight deadlines is critical to being successful in this role. This position is a client facing role and is responsible for the planning and execution of media plans on assigned accounts, as well as facilitating the management of all aspects of the campaign from the pre-sale cycle through the post-sale cycle providing an end-to-end experience for the company’s advertising and agency partners.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working autonomously, extremely organized, proactive, committed to white-glove client service and has the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Build comprehensive digital media plans that adhere to client objectives, KPIs and company guidelines
- Develop an understanding of client business, needs, expectations and requirements
- Schedule, reserve media space/inventory, issue insertion orders, cancellations and change requests
- Build IOs with client’s media planning tools like Prisma.
- Enter and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
- Serve as the client’s primary day to day point of contact for sold campaigns while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
- Oversee seamless campaign implementation, launch, execution and campaign delivery by providing timely, accurate, comprehensive communication to clients and internal teams
- Build and confidently present detailed reports and decks (kickoff, wrap report, etc.) providing thoughtful analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to clients and/or agencies throughout execution process
- Manage quality control and ensure important client-facing materials are free of errors
- Work with ad operations team to compile engagement and benchmark data, providing clients with weekly and/or ad-hoc campaign performance updates and optimization recommendations
- Manage and organize all documentation related to a campaign
- Update internal databases and documents throughout campaign to maintain accurate project records
- Keep manager updated on project status, escalating issues when needed
- Partner with AdOps to manage the performance of all campaign elements and ensure the company achieves client objectives and KPIs
- Regularly monitor, optimize and reconcile digital campaigns via 3rd party ad serving systems against client objectives and KPI’s outlined by sales, agency and/or client.
- Conduct regular scheduled conference calls/meetings to communicate contracted deliverables, progress to customers’ goals and provide optimization recommendations
- Hold weekly client and campaign status calls with sales team
- Keep Sales up to date on status of completed, live and upcoming campaigns
- Provide end of month billing and reconcile monthly billing reports to finance team, serving as the point of contact for all campaign billing matters.
- Work with Directors and Senior Management to collaborate on best practices, documentation and training. Help execute internal business initiatives.
- Stay current with the company brand offerings and performance
- Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication
- Thrive in a creative business environment and maintain a positive demeanor
- Lead the team by example – via work intensity, strong command of the product and the advertising/marketing process
- Stay abreast of market knowledge
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Complies with Network and Urban One’s mandatory trainings and adheres to related course deadlines
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work assignments, work independently and within tight deadlines, adapt and operate in a fast-paced and evolving team environment
- Master of the to-do list
- Possesses strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation skills)
- Knowledge of IAB standards for reporting, terms and conditions, viewability and bot traffic guidelines
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, accountability, excellent follow-through
- Creative thinking, resourcefulness and analytical problem-solving
- Knowledge of digital transactions (CPM, CPV, CPL, CPA, CPC, CPV, vCPM, etc)
- Advertising Operations experience and/or familiarity with Third Party Ad Serving platforms is required.
- Experience and ability to translate performance numbers into an executive-friendly campaign recap/story
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in advertising, marketing and/or communications
- 2+ years’ experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand’s digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Google shared docs, PowerPoint and Excel)