Empire Workforce Solutions
The main goal of the Sales Manager is to continuously identify, develop and generate new business opportunities. Key responsibilities will be to develop a client database of targets and develop a marketing strategy that will lead to the growth of new business, while maintaining a strong relationship with any clients brought on. The NSM contributes to the division’s sales and profit goals by driving sales results. To be successful, NSM must meet and exceed weekly targets by doing the following: participate in sales calls, continuously schedule meetings with potential clients, focusing on acquiring new accounts by building a book of business, while maintaining relationships with active clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Communicate effectively with potential Customers and inside Support Staff.
• Execute- Approaching the sales process to include prospecting and Cold-Calling, Cold-Visits/ Door-to-Door sales with a high degree of professionalism and effectiveness by successful utilization of customer-centric selling skills and tools.
• Connect with prospective and existing customers through Zoom Meetings and phone meetings
• Use LinkedIn and other business sites to connect and prospect for leads
• Research prospective customers
• Build list of national transportation companies to market to
• Follow up with prospects on a consistent basis
• Build rapport- with new and existing customers by understanding their needs, providing in-depth product knowledge and impeccable service.
• Assist with Recruiting events as well attend networking and professional development organizations events and education seminars.
• Assist with projects and perform other administrative duties and functions as requested.
• Achieving gross profit objectives.
• Document and report all Sales Activity.
• Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
• Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
• Promote the company’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
• Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
• Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
• Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
• Possess the ability to connect quickly with people over the phone and in person.
• Travel on an as needed basis may be necessary.
Education & Skills
• Previous experience in Sales for transportation staffing.
• Creative, logical, and performance driven team member.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Well-developed computer skills including MS Office and Excel
• Presentation and Organizational skills.
• Organized with good time management skills.
• Able to work independently as well as with a team.
• Personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and current insurance required.
Abilities & Knowledge
• History of building, growing and retaining relationships throughout the market.
• Strong problem-solving and Team-Building skills.
• Driven and Self-Motivated.
• Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills; including ability to communicate with all levels within the organization