Empire Workforce Solutions is READY to HIRE you.
We are looking to hire RELIABLE, QUALIFIED candidates.
1st shift Monday – Friday 5:00am – 1:30pm
2nd shift Monday – Friday 2:00-10:30pm
The Forklift Operator is responsible for using a forklift or other power equipment to load, unload, move, stack and stage product for shipment to the stores. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and maintaining the facility’s equipment along with a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Load and unload shipments to and from trailers and/or containers safely
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas
- Transport product to and from designated areas as directed
- Pull and prepare product for shipment accurately as scheduled
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment
- Maintain clean, orderly warehouse and loading areas.
- Participate in training and learning sessions to increase knowledge of functions and processes within the warehouse
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Two to five years of recent work experience
- Excellent communications skills (Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently)
- Must be a self-starter and possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Class IV or Class V Forklift Certification preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
- This position is hourly, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Physical Work – Ability exert 30 – 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.