Empire Workforce Solutions, Hayward Branch
Empire Workforce is looking for a qualified QA Technician for our valued client in Hayward, CA!
Position is 2nd (swing) shift and it pays $18.86.
To collaborate with plant personnel to produce superior quality products. To monitor and ensure compliance to materials and product specifications, customer requirements and quality and food safety system requirements.
· Monitoring and ensuring compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices
· Responsible for performing key quality activities as described in the
· Quality Procedures
· Quality Plan
· Quality Work Instructions
· Ensuring compliance raw materials and packaging materials specifications and for performing the activities required by the Mission Foods Supplier Approval Program such as
· Approving raw materials using the COAPPA system
· Performing weekly COAPPA Audits
· Filling out Supplier Corrective Actions Requests (SCAR’s) in the Intelex System
· Performing key activities to ensure finished product compliance to requirements such as
· Finished product evaluations
· Finished product shelf life monitoring
· Segregating and placing nonconforming product on “HOLD” in accordance to the Quality Procedures
· Performing key activities to ensure products are produced in a clean environment such as
· Microbiology sampling (air and surfaces)
· Preoperational inspections
· Plant Inspections
· Ensuring the laboratory activities are in compliance to the requirements such as
· Cleaning and maintaining testing equipment
· Calibrating testing equipment
· Cleaning and maintaining the laboratory
· Complying with all safety requirements and promoting safety with the rest of the plant employees
· Having a transparent communication with all plant personnel
· Preferred 1 to 3-year experience in Food Processing or in a Quality Field
· Preferred some knowledge on food chemistry or food microbiology and good math skills
· Flexibility in work schedule
· Preferred good knowledge on Computer Systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel
· Preferred Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Please call our office at 510-463-1962 for more details. We look forward to placing you in your dream job!