Empire Workforce Solutions is looking to hire 5 Paint Preppers/Helpers for a company in Carson, CA that manufactures and installs truck bodies. These are temp to hire positions!
Payrate: $18.75 / Hourly
Schedule: Monday to Friday | 5:00AM to 1:45PM | Must be open to working overtime and some Saturdays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate and remove imperfections on panels prior to painting
- Prepare vehicle surfaces for minor damage repairs including plastic or liquid filler, caulking and preparing surface to be paint ready
- Apply paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, such as bumpers, windows, chrome trim, and other parts while surrounding areas are spray-painted
- Tapes the truck bodies up using tape, paper and plastic bags to prevent overspray and ensure that paint does not go on areas that do not require paint
- Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss from previous coats of paint
- Sand rough spots and imperfections including but not limited to orange peel, fish eyes, dirt, etc.
- After truck body is painted, remove masking tape, and clean vehicle
- Move body or vehicle to designated area for buffing as required
- High attention to detail to ensure that job is completed on time and done right the first time to eliminate reworks or additional labor
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Prior Experience: 3+ years of experience as a paint helper required
- Preferred: Great attention to detail, Body Shop and/or vehicle prepping experience preferred
- Language Skills: Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
- Other: This job description is intended to provide an overview of the requirements of the position. As such, it is not all-inclusive, and the job may require other essential and/or non-essential functions, duties, or responsibilities not listed herein.
- Must be able to work overtime as required by business needs including occasional Saturdays
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
Please call us at (310)982-6529 for more information and ask for Claudia Garcia.