Empire Workforce Solutions
Identifies, acquires, and grows new and existing profitable business relationships with businesses that create value for the customer and yield loan commitments and deposit balances for the organization.
Must Have NMLS certification
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
· Develops and retains commercial business, meeting with prospects and customers with average to significant complexity and dollar size in keeping with authorized levels of authority.
· Follow prescribed daily regimen of prospecting activities targeting prospective borrowers including commercial property buyers, owners, real estate agents, mortgage brokers, CPA’s, attorneys and bank personnel in assigned branches pursuant to sales leads and referrals intended to generate new loans and deposits. Complete required tracking mechanism for sales activity.
· Manages existing portfolios, monitoring the financial condition of account in relation to acceptable risk including: timely written loan renewal request presentations, diligent collection of past due payments, regular documented site visits as well as maintaining properly documented and up to date loan files.
· Attends to the needs of customers seeking loans or lines of credit on terms that involve significant amounts of unsecured funds and/or credit secured by mortgages or other collateral.
· Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their business, needs, desires, and abilities and earning.
· Provides financial advice and counsel to customers and prospective customers.
· Manages all phases of the sales life cycle including but not limited to lead generation and sourcing, relevant systems, loan policies and structure, product knowledge, and financial analysis.
· Utilizes decision making tools and credit analysis skills to make appropriate credit and structuring decisions.
· Completes all required paperwork and forms in a timely and accurate manner; prepares all required reports.
· Comply with all provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Five to seven years related experience or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements, accounting papers, income tax returns, bank policies, and governmental regulations.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Acute attention to detail
· PC proficiency.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
· Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
· Must be able to travel to client locations.
· Mortgage Banking licensing as required by federal and state requirements