Empire Workforce Solutions
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
The maintenance position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair/preventive maintenance, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Perform technical repairs. Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers, lights, outlets, circuit breakers, and wiring, electrical and electronic components of equipment. Disassemble, assemble, install and maintain pipe systems, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Perform scheduled and preventive maintenance of equipment, machinery, electrical systems and structures. Perform technical maintenance for equipment, machinery, structures, and grounds while maintaining a safe working environment. Assist the Maintenance Manager in mentoring the Team Members in all aspects of maintenance to qualify for the next level in their career.
- Install production plant equipment. Monitor production processes, using measurement and control instruments, recording data and making adjustments to machinery, carrying out maintenance checks and making repairs are needed but not limited, making sure safety procedures are followed.
- Installation electrician. Installing power systems, lighting, fire protection, security, and data-network systems in all types of buildings.
- Maintenance electrician -Checking systems regularly to ensure they are working efficiently and safely.
- Electro technical panel builders -Building and installing control panels that operate the electrical systems inside buildings.
- Machine repair and rewind electrician – Repairing and maintaining electrical motors and other machinery like transformers to make sure that they work correctly.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Problem Solving / Analytical Skills / Communication Skills / Training Skills / Technical Capacity / Leadership Skills / Confidentiality / Credibility / Decision Making /
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The performance of this position frequently requires exposure to the refrigerated & non-refrigerated manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to electrical equipment in both high and low voltage ranges, and occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasional high.
While performing the duties of this job, the plant manager is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, and operate company equipment & motor vehicles (class C driver’s license is required).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and standard hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, with frequent Saturday work. Employees work various shifts, with overtime as required.
This position requires infrequent travel off company property for various business demands.
Required Education and Experience
The maintenance worker position currently does not require any secondary education. The position requires several years of prior experience in the maintenance related field, including the essential functions and core competencies listed in the above job description.